Friday, June 13, 2008

a productive night and a sweet surprise...

so my cupboards are so covered with junk that i had to put my flowers on the floor to get a picture of them... not that my floor is all that clean. anyhoo, last night my cousin lauren and i took the kids to go get a little dairy queen after dinner... ok, let me correct myself, clay was not allowed to get ice cream, but the rest of us did. he didn't know how to follow directions all evening so he did not get ice cream. call me mean, but we all ate and enjoyed our ice cream in front of him. i'm hoping he got the picture... we'll see!

anyhoo, when gerry came home from a long day of teaching followed by mowing, he told me that he had brought me a treat. when i heard that, i panicked a bit that he had brought me dairy queen (not that i wouldn't have taken one for the team and chowed again but...) but he had brought me home some flowers! it was so unexpected and appreciated! i can't even tell you how nice it was to get flowers and not have it be a holiday! i love that guy!
so now for the productive part... sherry that i work with ordered 2 bags from me a while back. i finally got them done last night! these were made with what little fabric i had left... i had to tweak things a bit to make it work.
i really didn't love the way this one turned out... i didn't have enough fabric for it to turn out how i had envisioned it... anyhoo, it was nice to actually get something done again! maybe this will spark another boom of creativity... let' s hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe!! Too cute. Nice bags baby.

Swistle said...

OOooo, I love the orange bag!

 
design by suckmylolly.com