Tuesday, September 9, 2008

did i really say that???

so yeah, we are rednecks. i know this picture is kind of blurry, but the gist of it is this... clay is holding a dead squirrel. gerry and clay were SO excited sunday to go squirrel hunting... they got all camo-ed up and headed out into the woods behind our house with gerry's 22. now don't let me fool you... i know NOTHING about guns, the only reason i know they took a 22 is because clay told me over and over again that "we got a squirrel with my dad's 22!" as a side note, i find it so funny that he always refers to gerry as "my dad", i am "my mom", carter is "my brother". it's cute... anyhoo, he was so excited that when he woke up the next morning he told my sister in law, as he waited for the bus, that mom was going to cook his squirrel for dinner... any parent knows that sometimes you say things to your kids that you NEVER in your life thought you would ever say... this was one of those times. i had to crush his hopes and dreams and tell him "we will NEVER eat squirrel buddy".

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com